Thanks again To Progresso and My Blog Spark for allowing me to host such a fun giveaway!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Thanks again To Progresso and My Blog Spark for allowing me to host such a fun giveaway!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
- For The Mommas has compiled a handy list of Return Policies for a few different stores (just in case you have anything you need to return).
- Christy over at The Bargain Jargon has an awesome post that gives you an idea of when prices will drop further in addition to her tips to make your after Christmas shopping a success.
- The Coupon Project has the scoop on Macy's After Christmas Sale and Gamestop's $20 in-store credit for qualified trade in's.
- If you're headed to Victoria's Secret, you may want to print this coupon good for a FREE Beatuy Rush Lipgloss with any purchase.
We went out this morning and found a few neat things including some Christmas books and stocking stuffers for the boys next year (at Target- the good stuff goes super quickly at my store- and Barnes and Noble). Target also had clear tree shaped glass jars for $2.50 that would be adorable stuffed with something (I just don't know what yet); there were a few but I bought one just in case they all sell at 50% off. We kind of lucked out and found where some lady (who must've been there when the store opened and grabbed all the good stuff was sorting through to decide what to buy) was dumping things. We also hit Michael's (50-60% off) and found a nice gingerbread cookie mold (tiny houses- so cute!) for only $4.99 plus some adorable clear ornaments filled with festive bath confetti for $0.40 each (I'll use these to dress up packages). I passed on ornaments, wrapping paper, and bows- but will likely go back once the stores hit 75% or 90% to buy these things. Did you fins anything great today? I'd love to hear about it!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
The husband was a bit reluctant to try the high fiber variety because he doesn't like "healthy" canned soups (of course, I don't think he'd ever admit to that). Except that he did like this, and so did the toddler (he thinks anything with beans is good). As for me? I think it was a bit on the salty side (I usually only buy low sodium varieties of Progresso because they generally seem saltier to me, but I also don't cook with salt unless it's needed). I did enjoy trying such an easy way to incorporate fiber into our diets, but unless they introduce a high fiber/low sodium variety- I don't imagine I'll be buying it. I think that if you're looking for an easy way to get some extra fiber and already enjoy any of Progresso's 75 other flavors, you'll like this. I think my favorite part was just having a super easy dinner night as we enter this week of craziness.
Now, the fun part? I get to giveaway a prize pack thanks to Progresso and MyBlogSpark! You'll get two oversized soup mugs (these are great!), two spoons, and a can of Progresso High Fiber Homestyle Minestrone to try for yourself! To enter, just leave me a comment with your favorite way to incorporate a little bit of extra fiber into your (or your family's) diet before December 27th at 9 pm PST. I'll pick a winner using Random.org and announce it sometime on Monday the 28th. Good luck!
*Disclaimer: I was given the package mentioned above for free from Progresso through MyBlogSpark. I was also provided with information regarding the new line of soups and the chance to offer a second prize pack to one of my readers. I was not told what to say, and all opinions are my own.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
- 7UP: FREE
- BC Cookie Mix: -$0.60 (after paper and ecoupons)
- BC Frosting: -$1.31 (after paper and ecoupons)
- 2 boxes Apple Jacks: $0.98 (after two $1 coupons and the discount for buying 4)
- 2 boxes Fruit Loops: $0.98 (same as above)
- Progresso Broth: -$.50 (after paper and ecoupons)
- Reeser's Flour Tortillas: $1.54 (after $1 coupon)
- Mission Corn Tortillas: $1.79
- 2 Pillsbury Holiday Cookies: -$0.75 (after paper and ecoupons)
- 2 GG Frozen Veggies: $0.58 (after ecoupons)
- 2 gallons milk: $3.98
- Bread: $1.19
- Flank Steak: $3.14 (after $2 SFWY coupon)
- Rib Eye Roast: $13.33 (for Christmas Eve)
- Pork Chops: $1.14 (after $1 coupon)
- Broccoli: $1.47
- Bananas: $0.93
- Celery: $0.42
- Jalapeno: $0.10
- Potatoes: $2.99 (I saw a recipe I just had to try)
Not too bad, especially when you consider the roast was over 1/3 of my total!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
- Sign up or log into your Shutterfly account
- Click on My Account
- Scroll down to Special Offers
- Click on Enter Special Offer Code
- Enter Code FIFTEENOFF
That's it! You'll get a $15 credit good towards any purchase of $15 or more (must be used all at once and cannot be applied towards shipping). It doesn't expire until July of 2109, so you have plenty of time to use it. (Edit: the expiration date may be a typo. Some people are reporting that you only have 6 days to use this code so you may want to hurry. Sorry about any confusion this may have caused!) Of course, you could use it now and save some bucks on a holiday gift. Either way, this is one HOT freebie! Thanks The Thrifty Mama!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
- 4 boxes Corn Flakes: $0.96 (details here)
- 4 boxes Apple Jacks: $1.96
- 2 Bags Safeway Hash Browns: $5.00
- Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies: FREE
Works for me! We're really running low on cereal so I'll be headed back in later this week for more. How are you all doing with the 12 days of FREE items? I'd love to hear about any deals you've found!
- 30% off list price on one Gift Title Book
- 30% off list price on one Children's book
- Buy One, Get One 50% off on Children's Books
Thanks Savings with Shellie!
Corn Flakes are $0.99/box when you buy 4. You can use the $1.50/2 coupons here and here to get them for $0.25 per box. (You should be able to print from each link twice and buy 8 boxes for $2 total). There were also blinkies in some stores for $1 off 1 box, those would make these free. *edit: looks like you can only print once from each link, sorry!
Kelloggs Fruit Loops & Apple Jacks are $1.49/box when you buy 4. There was a $1 off 2 coupon in last weeks paper, that would make these $0.99 each. Even better, if you grabbed some of the $1 off 1 blinkies that were out a few weeks ago, they'll be $0.49/box.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Don't forget that RA also has the Gift of Savings deal going on through December 24th. Kim over at Puget Sound Prudence has a great post explaining about this deal! (Thanks for the reminder to post the Prell deal too!)
Monday, December 14, 2009
monday: Tostadas with crockpot refried beans
tuesday: Turkey Ceaser Salad
wednesday: Turkey and Rice Casserole
thrusday: Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and roasted carrots
saturday: Beef Stew
sunday: Roasted Chicken with veggies
*my laundry disaster isn't horrible horrible, but the washer didn't spin or something (it made crazy clicking sounds) so everything is really soaking wet. I'm attempting to ring it all out and then will toss it in the dryer and be done with laundry for the day unless the husband fixes it as soon as he gets home. The bad part is the washer & dryer are in an un-insulated back room so all of the water is SUPER cold.
Sunday, December 13th Free Fresh Express Salad
Monday, December 14th Free Betty Crocker Cake Mix
Tuesday, December 15th Free Lucerne Large Dozen Eggs
Wednesday, December 16th Free Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokies
Thursday, December 17th Free Safeway Brown or Powdered Sugar
Friday, December 18th Free 2-Liter 7-up
Saturday, December 19th Free 5 lb. bag Russet Potatoes
Sunday, December 20th Free Breakfast Sausage Links, 12 oz
Monday, December 21st Free Safeway Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Tuesday, December 22nd Free Mini-Muffins
Wednesday, December 23rd Free Brown ‘n Serve Dinner Rolls
Thursday, December 24th Free Safeway Mixer 2-Liter (club soda)
You can print the coupons here if you need to, but they should also have these flyers in store (by Customer Service) if you want to save your ink. Of course, remember to keep your eyes on the register as you check out. A lot of the Safeway store coupons for free items tend to ring up wrong (at -0.01 instead of the full price) so you'll want to be sure to have your checker adjust that if it happens to you!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- 2 boxes Premium Saltines ($1.49 each wyb 5 Nabisco) (used one $1 wyb chili and Premium tearpad coupon)
- 8 boxes Ritz ($1.99 each wyb 5 Nabisco) (used a variety of $1 off 1 and $1 off 2 coupons)
- 2 gallons of milk $3.98
- 2 cans Nalley Chili $2.00
- Rice Vinegar (used FREE item coupon)
- Barilla pasta $1.00
- 2 Pillsbury Cookies ($1.99 each with in-ad coupon) (used $1 off 1 printable coupons)
- Always (used FREE item coupon)
- Bread $1.19
- Bagels $2.39
- Avocados $1.96
- Baby carrots $2.00
- 1 dozen eggs (used FREE item coupon)
- Safeway Pasta and Sauce (used FREE item coupons)
I also spent $1.49 at RiteAid yesterday (after using a rebate check) for 1 gallon milk, 8 lbs of sugar, and 2 bags of M&M's. Nothing was a super hot deal, I just didn't want my rebate check to expire and I was out of sugar.
It sounds as if this is in part to promote the announcement General Mills made sometime this week regarding their commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids to single digit grams of sugar per serving. That sounds pretty exciting, especially since the toddler LOVES when we let him snack on daddy's cereal.
This information was provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.
- FREE shipping from Victoria's Secret today (12/10/09) only with code SHIPFREE. combine it with the 25% off (it's still going, I guess) that I told you about before and any $10 SRC's you might have for a really hot deal!
- Puget Sound Prudence has the details on how to get a $10 coupon of $10 or more of anything VS PINK by playing a game (I won after 5 minutes, super easy!). Certificate is good until February 15th!
- Albertsons is running a catalina promo that results in Doublers? Read about it at Fistful of Coupons!
- Even better, HAPPY2BFRUGAL has the scoop on a super hot Progresso Soup deal at Albertsons that you just might have to take advantage of!
- Don't forget to see what other deals are going on at Albertsons, The Coupon Project has a great matchup this week.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I'll be making one of these for the husband's grandparents using photos of all the babies we took at their place on Thanksgiving- it'll be a sweet little addition to their Christmas gift that I'm sure they'll love.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
I blog for myself. Everything written here is by me, and they are my own thoughts and opinions. I don't get paid to write anything (I don't even have ads or affiliate links!) and would never write anything I don't believe in myself. Besides the Safeway gift card I received (remember all the ones I got to give away) this blog has not been profitable in any way besides some new online friendships with other bargain shoppers.
I am more than happy to review items and services which may appeal to my readers (especially if it means something free for myself or my readers- we all love FREE) and will only post my honest thoughts about any product/service. While my posting content may be influenced by offers I accept, I will always let you know if I'm getting anything out of it.
I have turned down quite a few offers and will happily continue to do so. I blog because I enjoy it. It helps me keep track of my journey with coupons, my spending, and the deals I'm most interested in. It also simplifies my life because instead of calling everyone I know about the latest hot deal, I can simply post it here. It also keeps my husband happier because he doesn't always have to hear about how much I paid for this or that- he still hears it of course, but it's much less often. Plus, I like helping other people save money- sometimes that's even more exciting than the money I save.
Of course, if you're still looking for all the fancy lingo, here it is (as close to what I think I said above). Please keep in mind that I do have mommy brain, so it may be less accurate than the above statements- but I really did try.
Thanks Thrifty & Chic Mom!
You can order more than one mug at this price but you'll need to order each one separately. Thanks MoneySavingMom!
Get a FREE 5 LB. Box of Clementine Tangerines in your store on 12/08/09. Offer is valid for one day only 12/08/09, to the 1st 25,000 customers. $25 minimum purchase required, Club Card required, Card loaded offer, for a value of $4.99 or more.
I do think it's great that they're making an effort to appreciate their customers. I am disappointed that all of the rules and restrictions were not shared when the first bit of information was released. I was thinking I'd buy some things I needed anyways and maybe get to $25 so I could claim some free clementines, but tomorrow only? I do think this was badly announced and I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed or confused. If you're still interested, be sure to visit Safeway's facebook page and click the "Events" tab. There will be a link to where you need to go to load this coupon to your card. good luck!
Monday: Pot Roast with potatoes and (tons of) carrots (because the toddler is currently in-love with carrots)
Tuesday: Pizza (from Papa Johns- they're recommending ordering in advance) and a salad
Wednesday: Beef Stew (using leftover roast from Monday)
Thursday: Turkey Pot Pie Soup with biscuits
Saturday: Meatloaf, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes
As for Friday, we don't eat meat and I've never really been into seafood but I have recently discovered that Safeway marks down their seafood by 50% so I've been watching that and experimenting. Last week I did tilapia in a lemony browned butter sauce with pistachios- and it was pretty good (tilapia- bought a few weeks ago and frozen, butter was free not butter, lemon from mil's tree, and pistachios from the summer). This week I'm just going to wait and see what I find and then look for another recipe online. Wish me luck!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
I have signed up for this and they rarely send me messages (except for the free movie codes on Monday). Still, I would be hesitant to sign up if I didn't have a great texting plan on my phone already in case that changes.
- 25% off at World Market (through December 6th)
- 25% off at Macy's (through December 7th)
- 20% off at Bath & Body Works (through December 6th)
- FREE Beauy Rush Lipgloss with any Victoria's Secret Purchase (through Decmber 16th)
- 20% off at JC Penny (December 6th and 7th only)
- 20% off at Gap (grab this over at Thrifty NW Mom!)
Know of anything I might've missed! Please let me know so we can all get the best deals possible!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Next Tuesday and Wednesday (that's December 8th and 9th) the Papa John's stores in Western Washington will be 100% of their profits to the families of the slain Lakewood Police Officers. They will also be accepting donations. I think is wonderful! They have not put out an official press release, but you can read about what's going on here and here. I cannot think of a better reason to order pizza!
This cotton rib square neck sweater and a free scarf are only $4.64 when you use your $10 SSC along with codes: SCARF09 & 25VS (This is a much better deal than 3/$30 sweaters!).
How about crew neck instead? Using the same 25VS and SCARF09 codes with your $10 SSC, this works out to be a mere $6.27!
If you're planning to order more items, here are a few codes to keep in mind: FA919801 will get you FREE standard shipping on orders of $50 or more (expires 12/17) and SHIPQUICK will get you FREE 2nd day express delivery on orders of $100 or more (expires 12/6).
That brings my weekly totals for the last week (Thursday the 26th to Wednesday the 2nd) to:
All in all, that's pretty great considering I needed so many things and I was able to assemble 8 meals for later use this month (along with a variety of other time savers).
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Soft & Beautiful Botanicals on sale $5, with $5 RR
Natrol Acai on sale $4, with $4 RR
Use $3 coupon to make this a $3 MM!
Dentek Dental Care on sale $1.99, with $1.99 RR
Use $1 coupon from 10/11 and you've got another MM!
-and not free, but a great deal!-
M&Ms on sale $2.50, with $1 RR when you buy 2
Use $1 off 2 printable coupon
Use $1 off 2 Walgreens coupon from December Coupon Booklet (by the ads in-store)
Pay $3 for 2 bags and get back $1- that's $1 a bag!
A huge thanks to Frugal Living NW for the deals this (mid)week! You can see more of her matchups here.
If you're planning to do your shopping online rather than in-store, you can use the code MACYSFF. Shipping is free on purchases over $99 but you only have until the 7th to take advantage of this deal.
- Want a Wii and a $50 gift card to Walmart for $199+tax? Christy over at The Bargain Jargon has the scoop.
- Quaker Oatmeal pancake mix for $.50 a box at Walgreens? For The Mommas has your details. (I don't like pancakes so this just sounds gross to me)
- Old Navy Weekly has changed! Jen at Thrifty Northwest Mom has everything you need to know!
- Puget Sound Prudence has the scoop on some great toy deals at Fred Meyers (through Saturday) with links to the coupons you need!
To find a location near you or see what movies are currently available, visit Redbox.com. This code is good today only (side note: new releases are hard to find at night) and you'll have until 9pm tomorrow to return it. I LOVE free rentals from Redbox!
- 3 batches of meatloaf
- Turkey Pot Pie soup x3
- Albondigas x2
- Refried beans (we ate most of them, so I only froze 1 batch!)
- 4 loaves pumpkin bread
- 2 dozen Almond Poppyseed Muffins (minus the ones we ate)
- 2 dozen (already cooked) meatballs
Today, I mailed out the rest of my Christmas cards and will be wrapping presents. Hopefully all this early prep will make the rest of this month a bit easier. I still have some gift shopping to do, but am done for the most part!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
edit: The underwear is kind of ugly and not worth a trip itself. Unless you're looking for your crotch/behind to be covered in some weird VS slogan, like "give me everything I want". I ended up skipping the free undies entirely!
While you're there, remember that you can redeem your SRC's as of today. I checked mine already online (by pretending to make an order) and they're each only worth $10 but you might have a lucky $500 card!