Instead, I've decided to make this blog a little more personal. If you don't like it, feel free to unsubscribe or quit following. I'll probably still post my shopping trips and deals from time to time because I don't intend to become less cheap at any time in the future. I just don't want that to be my focus anymore.
In case you're wondering, current focuses and goals for myself include:
- More crafting- both with and without kiddos. I grew up in a crafty household, and while I'm quick to admit that I'm not artistic by any means I can still pull out a good craft once in a while.
- "Re-fashioning" myself. I have had 3 adorable kiddos in the last 4 years but that's done a number on my body and my wardrobe. One of my personal goals this year is a new style on the cheap. I'm going for modest, late 20's, "I'm a mom and it must be practical but I still want to look cute" and CHEAP.
- Get in shape. Sure, I'd love to lose weight but making that a goal is a surefire way to disappoint myself. Instead I'm going to focus on getting outside more, exercising more, and eating better. I guess that means the real goal overall is a healthier me.
- Continue to hone my shopping skills. I've been at the couponing thing now for 3 years and while I'm good at it, I want to focus more on cutting my OOP and stockpiling the right amounts. I think having a specific goal here will help me continue to improve. I'm currently on a "shopping break" which means nothing but dairy, bread, and produce (and the occasional needed item).
- Sweeping. Not sweeping the floor sweeping, but entering sweepstakes and playing instant wins. I've been fooling around with this for a while and had small wins. In November I won my first major prize (a trip we'll be going on next month, I'll share more details when we get back). December was good to me as well. Of course, I'll be sharing some of those kinds of things here as well.
If you stick around, you can expect updates on all of those kinds of things.