Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stock up on cheese

There's a great new catalina on Kraft Cheese products running almost everywhere at the moment, and that means a great chance for you to stockpile some cheese. Here are the details of the catalina:

Buy any 5 Kraft Cheese or Dairy products (6oz+) between 7/19-8/15, get $5 OYNO

Participating items:
Kraft Singles
Kraft Parmesan Cheese
Kraft Natural Cheese Chunks, Shredded, Crumbles (5oz+), Sticks and Cubes
Kraft String ums
Kraft Cracker Cuts
Kraft Deli Deluxe Cheese slices
Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Velveeta Cheese product
Cracker Barrel Cheese (5oz+)
Cheez Whiz
Breakstone's Sour Cream (16oz+)
Breakstones Cottage cheese (16oz+)
Knudsen sour cream (16oz+)
Knudsen cottage cheese (16oz+)

This deal is currently available at Fred Meyer, Albertsons, QFC, and Safeway. Most stores are also starting to get in blinkies with coupons for $1 off 2 bags. Obviously, you'll save more with the coupons, but even without them you're still getting a great deal. Wondering where to buy your cheese? Here are the two best places to take advantage of this hot deal at the moment:

Fred Meyer (through Sat 7/24)
Kraft Cheese is currently on sale for $1.50/bag

Buying 5 @ $1.50 will cost you $7.50
You'll get back a $5 catalina, making your net cost only $2.50 ($0.50/bag)
*With the blinkie coupons, your net cost will be $0.50 for all 5 bags (or $0.10/bag)

QFC (through Tues 7/20)
Kraft Cheese is currently $1.75/bag (or $1.25/bag as part of the Mega Promo)

Buying 5 @ $1.75 will cost you $8.75
You'll get back a $5 cat, making your net cost only $3.75 ($0.75/bag)
*with two $1/2 coupons, your net cost will be only $1.75 ($0.35/bag)

However, done as part of the mega promo my scenario looks like this:
Buy 6 @ $1.25 = $7.50
Buy 4 Gatorade @ $0.49 = $1.96
use 3 $1/2 coupons (takes off $3)
Pay $6.46 and get a $5 catalina
*I've been rolling my $5 catalina, so I only pay the net cost of $1.46 each time

I also switch it up on occasion, doing this:
6 Kraft Cheese @ $1.25 = $7.50 (minus 3 $1/2 coupons)
3 Ben & Jerry's @ $1.75 = $5.25 (minus $1.50/3 catalina coupon- it prints after you buy the B&J's)
1 Gatorade @ $0.49 = $0.49
Pay $8.74 and get back a $5 catalina from Kraft and a $2 catalina from Ben&Jerry's
*Rolling the $7 in catalinas allows me to only pay the net cost of $1.74 each time

The current prices of cheese at both Safeway and Albertsons would not make this deal worth the trip, however that could change as the new sales will kick in at both stores tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Is the cheese unadvertised at Fred Meyer? I don't see it in the current ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon- I didn't see it in the ad either, but I've heard several reports of the sale price there this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maygan, The Kraft blinkie Q that I have in my stash expired 7/18. Do you know if QFC has blinkies up that expire later? I know it's a little late so you may not get this, but I can't decide if I want to run over there tonight or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, sorry I missed your comment earlier. Yes, there are new blinkie machines with $1/2 Kraft q's in Kroger stores (so FM and QFC, but not Safeway) and this newest batch has an expire date in september. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I called and confirmed the price on the cheese so it is good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Maygan, I didn't make it to QFC, but I still feel like I hit the jackpot at Freddies. My freezer is now full of cheese. Yay for blinkie Q's and thanks for the tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could only find the blinkies at Fred Meyers and had to go to a few to find it because they were empty, but if you buy 10 at QFC they become $1.39, use 5 blinkies and they become 89 cents each. Spend $8.90 on 10 bags, get two $5 catalinas. I then bought the same plus a QFC brand bag of hamburger buns and used the $10 plus 9 cents, got another two $5 catalinas. They said the restock every other day so the order will go in tomorrow and Monday they will have more cheese

    ReplyDelete