Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are you ready for the Post cereal deal?

I know it doesn't start until tomorrow, but I'm getting myself organized for it today! If you're a little bit out of the loop- Albertsons will have select Post cereals on sale next week for only $1.59 a box.

Of course, if you know me, then you know I'd never pay that much for cereal (oh, okay, unless it was Oh's and I was splurging!). I ordered extra $1 off 2 boxes coupons weeks ago, am working on collecting doublers today, and there's a catalina (a coupon good for a set amount off your next purchase in store) involved that make this one HOT deal. All this results in cereal that will be paying for itself (and a few other things along the way). The nerd in me has already worked out the math on this deal, and this is how it's going to look (I'm not even going to mention buying 5 boxes at a time, because buying in groups of 4 or 6 is going to be your best bet depending on the number of coupons and doublers you have and the amount of time you're willing to invest):

Buy 4 @ $1.59 each= $6.36
use two $1/2 coupons
use two doublers
pay $2.36, and receive a $3 catalina

Buy 6 @ $1.59 each= $9.54
use three $1/2 coupons
use three doublers
pay $3.54, and receive a $4 catalina

You can use your catalina to purchase more cereal, but you'll need a "filler" item worth either $0.64 or $0.46, respectively. Here are a few things I'm seeing in the ad that might work well for you:
  • fresh Cantaloupe $0.48/lb (this is what I'm going to use in my first transaction, so I can pay with one of my $5 CHILL catalinas)
  • Yoplait Yogurt cups $0.50 each
  • Albertsons canned veggies $0.59
  • Nabisco Snack Crackers $1.69 with in-ad coupon (paired with a $1 Nabisco q if you still have one)
  • Red Grapefruit $0.69
  • Softsoap liquid hand soap $1 (use this $0.35 printable to make it $0.65)

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting ready too. I am so excited! This is one thing I've had on my list to stock up on before the baby is born, and quite frankly--we could use it before then since I tend to eat a bowl of cereal before bed every night...and my hubby loves Raisin bran too!
    I actually took a nap today and ended up dreaming about my cereal run. Ya, completely a dork! But when we're talking about a LOT of cereal that they are going to pay me to take off their shelf, it's exciting!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete