Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Internet Freebies: the rewards programs I love!

I've been doing this whole thrifty/frugal internet thing for a while, and there are quite a few "rewards program" type things I really enjoy and have certainly taken advantage of. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites for you in case you don't participate because I know that everyone loves a good freebie! I'd love to hear what programs you currently use & enjoy!

Swagbucks: I've been using them for about a year and we do a good number of our searches for them (or, on days when I wouldn't google, I use it to find the sites I do visit- like facebook and hotmail). I've only had two really active referrals, but still have earned $75 in Amazon giftcards and another $15 in Starbucks giftcards for doing something I'd be doing anyways. It's powered through google and yahoo- so the results are generally just as good.

MyPoints: I use this program to earn points in exchange for shopping online (I simply visit mypoints and click through to the store I want to buy from- including ebay!). They also offer points in exchange for clicking ads sent to your email and surveys they send to your email. I don't do the surveys very often and I delete the email ads whenever I'm feeling too lazy to click through them. I earn about $30 in Starbucks/Target giftcards on average a year from them with very minimal participation on my part.

Disney Movie Rewards: I just recently signed up with them (maybe two/three months ago?) and have already benefited. So far, I've entered only the free point codes from Facebook, email newsletters, and the three Disney BluRays we recently purchased but I was able to redeem those point in exchange for a completly FREE Disney DVD (we picked the original Love Bug). They also allow you to pick one FREE BluRay for your birthday (you get a choice of 5, and have to pay $2.95 for shipping)- I just ordered mine today (Meet the Robinsons) and am looking forward to receiving it. Even if you're not buying Disney movies, this may be a decent way to get some free/cheap gifts for the kids in your life.

Huggies Enjoy the Ride: I have two little ones, so this is a nice rewards program/instant win game for us- but even without kids this is one worth signing up for. Most of the codes I enter come from here (freebies4mom does a great job of keeping track) and prizes from the instant win games are just plain awesome for anyone (Prepaid VISA cards, Gas giftcards, Starbucks giftcards, Kohl's giftcards- you don't need a baby to appreciate these!). I haven't won anything big (just free wipes), but I also don't try frequently. I've heard people who play late at night/early in the morning do best.

My Starbucks Rewards: Okay, so it's obvious I like coffee and I do redeem rewards on various sites for SB giftcards (it's my way of "treating" myself, plus it's free), but did you know you can also register your Starbucks card and earn rewards that way? It's super easy to sign up, you can transfer card balances to whichever card you want and load your card with whatever amount you want. Even better, I get coupons in the mail now (FREE birthday drink, and a FREE oatmeal so far) and special perks (free customization and whatnot).

Quick note: If you sign up for swagbucks through the link posted, I'll earn points when you do (up to 1000). If you're not a member of Disney Movie Rewards or MyPoints and would like to give it a try, I'd love to refer you (and earn a few extra points) but can only do so through email- if that's okay with you, just let me know and I'll be happy to email you my referral link!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I love reward programs just like you. Although I would highly suggest doing the quick email clicks and surveys because they add up quick. Plus the more you do, the more they send:) So far this year I've received 4 $10 gift cards from Walgreens, Old Navy, Walmart & Burger King. The best part is spending that $10 at Walgreens or Walmart with coupons...basically doubling the gift card:) ~Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I completely forgot to mention which reward program I was talking about. It's MyPoints.

    ReplyDelete