Monday, April 12, 2010

My Walgreens Trip

$6.58 spent, $33.98 saved (86%)
My $4 RR from Dove the other week was set to expire today so I formulated a quick plan on the way to the store today. I started and ended with exactly $4 in register rewards so this time around my net cost and out-of-pocket cost are the same- fun stuff! The downside was that $2.74 of my $6.58 was tax- yikes!! Here's how I did this deal:

Transaction #1:
  • Schick Quattro Razors $5.99 (used $4 coupon)
  • Schick Hydro Shave Gel $2.99
  • I paid using my $4 RR and $1.75 in cash
  • I earned $1 RR from the razors, and $3 RR from the shave gel

Transaction #2:

  • Biore Pore Cleansing Strips $5.99
  • Biore Steam Activated Cleanser $5.99 (used a buy strips, get a cleanser free coupon)
  • 2 Tootsie Rolls $0.50 (filler items so I could use my RR to pay- RR count as manufacturer coupons and you need to have as many items as you have manu coupons)
  • I paid using the $4 in RR from transaction #1 and $3.52 in cash
  • I earned $5 RR (from buying 2 Biore products)

Transaction #3:

  • Schick Quattro Razors $5.99 (used $4 coupon)
  • Schick Hydro Shave Gel $2.99
  • 2 Carefree $0.99 each with in-ad coupon (minus $1.59 from BOGO coupon, I got lucky in that the cashier insisted on taking off the full regular price)
  • Paid using $5 RR and $1.31 in cash
  • Earned another $1 RR from razors and $3 from the gel

One important thing to remember about Walgreens is that you cannot use a Register Reward to buy another product from the same company and earn another RR. You also cannot buy more than one of the same item at a time and get the RR for both. Dove was certainly an exception the other week, but once Walgreens caught on to the fact that it was working like that, they put a stop to it. That's why I "rolled" my RR into Biore in transaction #2- it's certainly a product we like but not one that we needed (unlike razors). I don't know why but I also got a catalina coupon for a FREE airwick warmer (up to $5.62) on my first transaction, so I'm thinking that's a random one.

No comments:

Post a Comment