Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Safeway Trip

$26.87 spent, $56.34 saved (68%)
Even better, it qualifies for the $10 Nabisco/Planters rebate...so I'll be getting $10 back from this trip. We were out of Ritz and needed a few things so I figured a quick run was in order. The husband was with me for this one, he and the toddler had fun cracking jokes about how we were buying ALL of the crackers (don't worry, there are tons left). I did want to make a trip sometime this week to Albies as well, but here's what we got at Safeway:
  • 2 boxes Premium Saltines ($1.49 each wyb 5 Nabisco) (used one $1 wyb chili and Premium tearpad coupon)
  • 8 boxes Ritz ($1.99 each wyb 5 Nabisco) (used a variety of $1 off 1 and $1 off 2 coupons)
  • 2 gallons of milk $3.98
  • 2 cans Nalley Chili $2.00
  • Rice Vinegar (used FREE item coupon)
  • Barilla pasta $1.00
  • 2 Pillsbury Cookies ($1.99 each with in-ad coupon) (used $1 off 1 printable coupons)
  • Always (used FREE item coupon)
  • Bread $1.19
  • Bagels $2.39
  • Avocados $1.96
  • Baby carrots $2.00
  • 1 dozen eggs (used FREE item coupon)
  • Safeway Pasta and Sauce (used FREE item coupons)

I also spent $1.49 at RiteAid yesterday (after using a rebate check) for 1 gallon milk, 8 lbs of sugar, and 2 bags of M&M's. Nothing was a super hot deal, I just didn't want my rebate check to expire and I was out of sugar.

5 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love crackers for the holidays, and I use Ritz for breading and in other recipes. I wish I had more, but I used all my Nabisco coupons at Target that would have been good for the current rebate. I suppose I could order some, but I haven't tried that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I use ritz all the time in place of breadcrumbs and everything. Plus, the 2 year old likes them as much as cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to make sure you knew the riteaid rebate check can be cashed at your bank. I know sometimes it's easier to just take it the store instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, thanks and I did know that! The store is actually just down the street (walking distance) so whenever I'm "cashing out" I use it to pick up things I need at decent prices.

    I like to save up my rebate checks til I jave a few and then take them all to the bank at once. It feels less silly (to me) to deposit $50+ in rebates at once then $5 or $10 here and there.

    ReplyDelete