Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pork & Charcoal: or what I forgot at Albies yesterday

I was so excited about the brownies, I forgot I had wanted to buy more charcoal since we were nearly out and it was on sale. So, while I was out (getting Season 5 of the Office) I made at quick stop at Albertsons. This is what I bought:

$13.41 spent, $31.80 saved
The 18lb. bags of Kingsford charcoal are on sale for $6.49 a bag. I used two Free KC Masterpiece wyb Charcoal coupons (found taped to the bags of charcoal) and two $6 off pork when you buy charcoal and KC Masterpiece printables (currently not available). The cashier was confused about the "one per purchase" versus "one per transaction and made me split them up, which was silly but okay. I used a $2 receipt coupon to pay, but got another one from my second transaction today. I usually don't cook with pork, but for free- the roasts make awesome pulled pork in the crockpot.

3 comments:

  1. Pulled pork sounds wonderful! Good job once again on the great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so awesome at pairing coupons up and finding so many in the store! I am always amazed! Wish I lived next to you and could follow you around on your shopping trips. =)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and letting me know about the new Scrubbing Bubbles coupon. It's not as good as free, but still a good deal! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Sara, I'm glad you saw my comment over there!

    ReplyDelete