Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Albies trip: more oatmeal!

Albertsons: $2.69 spent, $107.82 saved
I still had a few Quaker coupons, so my mom and I headed to Albies tonight to finish using them up. We lucked out and found exactly 5 of the coupon books we needed (to make 10 boxes of instant oats FREE). We each did one transaction, then headed to an Albies we knew would be out of stock on almost everything to pick up some rainchecks! My mom took 10 boxes (a few for herself, the rest for St. Vincents) home and the rest is going into my pantry. I LOVE shopping trips like this!

5 comments:

  1. Now I don't feel so foolish about all those granola bars:) I haven't been able to find that coupon book anywhere, and have checked my store everyday. I'm glad you got yours though. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you get the RP mailed to you? There is a $1.00 off coupon for oatmeal! I am debating on going to the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim- not all stores have them yet, but they should ALL have them by the 8th of this month. They sometimes show up in odd places, but front doors, pharmacy, produce, and meat counter are the places to check. I don't have q's for more oatmeal, but I know I'll see more of these books- that;s why I got a raincheck.

    Amber, no I don't! They don't even have it in my cheap local paper all the time anymore. I LOVE RP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maygan, I haven't been able to find those bud bowl peelies yet. Where exactly did you find them? I was so happy to find the Value Your Heart coupons finally. A day late, but I can still use the other coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, they're bright yellow and attached to the boxes of burweiser on displays in store.

    ReplyDelete