Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Safeway trip

$11.02 spent, $45.78 saved (81%)
2 Chex Cereal $3 ($1.50 each wyb 4)
used two $0.50 Safeway coupons from Make It Tonight Book and $1/2 ecoupon
total: $1.00

Trix $1.50 (wyb 4)
used $1/1 printable and a $0.55 ecoupon
total: -$0.05

Lucky Charms $1.50 (wyb 4)
used $1/1 printable and two $0.55 ecoupons
total: -$0.60

2 Cheerios $3.00 ($1.50 each wyb 4)
used two $1/1 printables and one $0.55 ecoupon
total: $0.45

2 Nature Valley Nut Clusters $3.00 ($1.50 each wyb 4)
used two $1/1 printables and $1.40 in ecoupons
total: -$0.40

2 Mission Flour Tortillas $1.98 (with Safeway coupon from ad)
used two $1/1 printable coupons (no longer available)
total: -$0.02

Mission Corn Tortillas $1.59
used $1/1 printable (no longer available)
total: $0.59

John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner $5.49
used $2 printable and two $2 ecoupons
total: -$0.41

...and items for which I had no coupons:
  • Fajita Seasoning $1.15
  • Safeway Bagels $2
  • Bread $1.19
  • Broccoli $1.16
  • 3 Avocados $1.50
  • Red Potatoes $0.73
  • Celery $0.71
  • Garlic $0.50
  • Bell Pepper $0.99
  • Jalapeno $0.16
  • (or a total of: $10.09 and $0.47 in tax)

All in all, a great trip- except that I forgot to bring along the $6.50 in catalinas I had! I do want to warn you though, not all stores allow the stacking of ecoupons with paper coupons (my store manager has okay'ed it) so your store might say no. Since there's no official written policy on this, it really is up to each individual store manager. They do however, allow for the stacking of ecoupons with other ecoupons. Also, because the Mission tortilla store q brings the price down to $0.99, some stores may not allow you to use the $1 printable (and technically they can say no because it would fall under the "no IP coupons worth more than 50% of the item" part of their policy). I chose to go to the store across town who always allows this because the one closest to me does not.

5 comments:

  1. Nice trip Maygan! I have heard from several people that they have been having issues with ecoupons, paper and store coupons. Thank goodness I have not had any issues at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, I think you did great even without those catalinas! Do you mind if I ask which Safeway you're referring to that allows stacking? The Safeway off Callow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, it's actually the one in east bremerton, off Wheaton Way (nearish to walmart and starbucks). The one off Callow also allows stacking, but they get a little bit picky when you use a lot of coupons. I've only had great couponing experiences with one cashier (Beverly) and the manager checking me out- otherwise it's more hassle than I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is why I have so much trouble with Safeway. My stores are sticklers about the 50% coupon rule! But, they have never refused eCoupons and mf Q's yet!

    ReplyDelete