Monday, February 22, 2010

Safeway Coupon Policy Change

I just wanted to give you all a heads up on a change in Safeway's coupon policy. This is in regards to "minimum purchase requirements" on their store coupons. The old wording in the policy stated that the minimum was based on your total before club card discount and all coupons, but the new wording says this:

What does "minimum $10 (or $20) purchase required" mean? To use store coupons that include a minimum purchase requirement, you must spend a minimum dollar amount on that shopping trip. You will reach the minimum purchase amount based upon total purchases after your Club Card discount is applied. For example, the regular retail price of a box of Cheerios (after Club Card discounts) will count toward the minimum purchase required in order to use the Cheerios coupon.

If you are using several store coupons in a shopping trip, you will only need to meet one minimum purchase requirement. For example, if you are using three coupons, and they each specify a minimum purchase requirement of $20, your minimum purchase requirement for the total shopping trip is $20, and not $60.

The difference is that now your minimum purchase requirement is based on your total after club card discount. Of course, that total is still reached before coupons are applied- and that's a plus. It also means your total will be easier to calculate (since it's based on the sale price). You may want to print a new copy of this sheet to have on hand.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I had to read it twice this morning before I understood it. lol Must be the cold medicine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer because I was going to go get some Rice-a-Roni today. I hate to admit it, but I think I'm going to give up on Safeway! I'm so glad Albertsons has such an easy Q policy.

    Thanks for the information. I'm sure you will keep rockin' those SFW deals though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the Rice-a-Roni deal yesterday, went through fine. Do you know when this went into effect?
    I agree it is a bit of a bummer, especially for me, Safeway is one of the only stores close to me, I have to drive 30+ minutes to get to an Albertsons, Walmart, Target, etc.
    Thanks for the heads up Maygan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, the change was only just spotted yesterday

    ReplyDelete