THEN I went shopping, and I left the coupon binder at home. That's right, I actually left my coupons behind. Of course, I'm not a total crazy- I looked for coupons in store and used $4 worth of coupons in addition to a number of ecoupons I already had loaded to my Club Card. The results of this crazy trip? I ended up buying a lot of the items on my "want" list, because they were tagged with new low prices and/or great Club Card prices! It was kind of interesting to shop like a normal (but somewhat budget conscious) person might and my savings were still very good. These new low prices really do make saving money easy.
You might be wondering how good? You'll just have to wait....because it's time for a game and a giveaway! See this photo below of my shopping trip? Good! Now imagine a bunch of bananas right there in front next to the hamburger meat (kind of what it might look like if my 2 year old hadn't helped himself to an entire bunch of bananas) and guess what I paid AND what I saved...
That's right! YOU get to guess, and you have two chances at this. I'll be selecting two winners and each one will receive a $50 Safeway Gift card. Here are the rules for this giveaway:
- Winner 1: the person with the closest guess as to how much I spent on the items pictured without going over (we're playing this game Price Is Right style)
- Winner 2: the person with the closest guess as to how much I saved without going over
- You can submit a guess for both categories (total spent and total saved), but should do so in one comment
- You may want to read through the comments to be sure your guess is not the same as someone else's. In the case that 2 people guess correctly, the first guess submitted will be the "winner".
- You have until 12 pm PST on Saturday October 31st to submit your guesses. I'll announce the winner on Monday November 2nd.
- Don't forget to leave a way for me to contact you!
- Want a clue? I kept track of the items I purchased with "new low prices" and they saved me an additional $8.15! That's more than the paper coupons I used in this trip!!