Monday, October 19, 2009

I had to get in just one more Albies run...

$17.28 spent out-of-pocket, $80.80 saved!
After I got home yesterday, the husband started in on his cereal- and when I realized he'd ate almost one box by the time we got up this morning I knew I had to get a few more boxes. I did 2 transactions today at 2 different stores (because the first one didn't have what I needed for my second transaction- neither did the second store but I didn't know that!). I started out with just the $3 catalina I had leftover from yesterday and ended today with $13 in catalinas (making the "net cost" of everything today $7.28). Detailed transactions are below.

Transaction 1:
  • 10 cans of GG veggies $7.50
  • 3 bags of Gardettos $5
  • Cheerios $2 (used $1 coupon)
  • 2 Cinnamon Rolls $3.34 (used two $1 printables)
  • 3 Simply cookie dough (not pictured) $7.50 (used three $1 printables)
  • used 3 doublers and the remaining $3 catalina from yesterday. Paid $12.59 and earned $13 in catalinas. My receipt shows a savings of 35.43!
Transaction 2:
  • Zatarans Beans and Rice $2.69 (used free item q- took off $2)
  • BC Brownie Mix $1
  • BC muffin mix $2
  • 6 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch $12 (used three $1 off 2 boxes printables)
  • 3 Cinnamon Rolls $5 (used $1/3 blinkie)*
  • 2 Pie Crusts $5 (used $1/2 peelie)*
  • used 3 doublers and the $13 in catalinas I had earned earlier and paid $4.69. My receipt shows a savings of $45.37!

*I had planned to buy 5 more packages of Simply cookie dough using a combination of $1 and $1.25 printable coupons but neither store I visited today had enough in stock. I don't mind too much because the pie crust and cinnamon rolls will be nice to have, but my planned total on the second transaction would have been about $4 less if the cookies had been in-stock. bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment