Friday, June 19, 2009

quick update

I'm really slacking on posts this week due to what appears to be a weeklong birthday for the oldest boy. We did the family birthday thing on Tuesday and both grandmas (and an aunt with boyfriend in tow) came by to visit and bring presents early. On Wednesday, my sister got to town and came by for a bit. Thursday we had to go see the pediatrician for his 2-year checkup and hit petco on the way home so we could look at animals (we call it our mini zoo). We're busy cleaning and decorating today for the party tomorrow.


I decided to go the not-so thrifty route and order an ice cream cake to save myself time and because the 2-year old will not eat anything with frosting. He does love ice cream, so that should work perfectly . We're planning to serve hot dogs and hamburgers, with pasta salad (since I have tons) and some fruit. I'll probably also make some of that lemonade I picked up at Albies. So all in all, it's a pretty cheap deal this year. We only have one other kid coming so we put together a cute favor bucket, and the adults will all get dino shaped cookies to take home. We're trying to keep it simple, since he's only two, so the "activity" is a bubble machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment