Monday, July 6, 2009

Albies (peanut butter and mac&cheese)

$6.69 spent, $65.63 saved (and $5 for next time!)

I didn't get a paper yesterday, and it seems that it was the only way to get the doublers for this weekend, so my trip was not quite as exciting as I had hoped. I did want to get some Mac & Cheese for the church, plus I had some good pb coupons (thanks to Jane @ All Together Beautiful for the heads up on free bread coupons!) to use this week.

The Mac&Cheese deal is awesome! You can find Buy 3 get 1 Free coupons here (how well you do with these depends on how they enter the value- either $1 or $0.50) and there's a catalina deal as well tight now! You'll get $1 for 4 boxes, $1.50 for 5 boxes, and $2 for 6 or more boxes. You only get 1 catalina for each transaction, so keep that in mind when creating your plan.

3 comments:

  1. You did Great!!!

    I have yet to do my peanut butter and bread transaction. I am waiting on the $0.75/1 coupons in the mail for the p. Butter. They were sent on time but I still don't have them. I am crossing my fingers that I get them tomorrow!

    Just wondering, what price was the wheat bread you have pictured? If it was less than $2 did they just adjust the coupon?

    Doesn't it feel good to be stocked for awhile, plus have some to give away?
    Jane
    Alltogetherbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, thank you! The Albies brand bread was $1.29 and perfect for me and the toddler (we like simple/plain wheat) and the fancier whole grain wheat was $1.99. All the q's got adjusted down, but they did let us apply them to any "bread-like product" so my mom picked up a loaf and bag of bagels with hers.

    I don't know if you know, but you get a $1 catalina for every 2 of the skippy Naturals. It's a great way to save even more. I hope you get those coupons in time for tomorrow too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on what order to pass over the coupons. I would have totally done it the wrong way, I usually just set my coupon in a pile at the end of my items, unless there is a free item and then I set it with that item.
    Anyway, That is good to know how I can use the bread items as well.
    And the extra catalina?? This is crazy! I think they will practically be paying me to take this stuff off the shelf. It might feel like shoplifting when I go! I just hope the coupons come. Even if they don't I'll still go. I have the free bread coupons to use.
    Thanks!
    Jane
    Alltogetherbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete