Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm back!

I think I briefly mentioned in another post about going camping this weekend. It was tough to keep a 2-year old busy (and out of trouble) for a whole 2 days and nights but we did it and the whole thing was (exhausting but) fun! To top thing off, I came back to some great news: Albies Doublers in the paper (Check your A and/or B section for it) and I won a $30 Kroger Giftcard (good for QFC or Fred Meyers) courtesy of To Save a Penny and BlogSpark. Woohoo!

Of course, I had to run out to Albies and use up some of those doublers. I'm a bit out-of-the-loop at the moment, so this is a mostly un-planned trip. Can you guess what we're going to have for dinner tonight?

Spent $4.71, saved $26.80

Really, you could argue that I saved more than that by buying the pizza frozen and for such a bargain instead of ordering out...have I mentioned how delicious this stuff is? This was done in two transactions, the first with 2 pizzas and a frappucino. I used two $1 off any culinary circle product coupons for the pizza, one $1 off frappucino, and 3 doublers from today's paper. I paid $4.37 for that. The second transaction was another two pizzas and the beef. I used another two $1 CC product coupons, a $1 beef coupon, 3 doublers, and a $5 catalina from the promo last week. My total was $0.34.

For those of you headed to Albies this week:

3 comments:

  1. Please move by me and teach me!
    And I'm glad that you had a great trip. I can't even imagine how tired you are after chasing a 2 year old around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning on going to Albertson's to use my doubles tonight before they expire then hit up costco for a pizza afterwards. I remember you bragging about Culinary Circle. So instead of paying ten bucks for a pizza I got a frozen one for $1.99. It looks delicious and will be popping it in the oven shortly! Thanks for tips!

    ReplyDelete