Monday, August 24, 2009

My menu plan for the week

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to this- we've had such a crazy week. I promised last Tuesday to post my menu plan as an example and am just now getting to it- yikes! I'm still slightly disorganized from camping, so we're going to be mostly eating from the stockpile this week.

Monday: Roasted Garlic and Cheese Tortilleni (Buitoni) in meat sauce with salad
Tuesday: Beef and broccoli stir fry with rice
Wednesday: Tacos with crockpot refried beans and mexican rice
Thursday: Chicken Adobo over rice, lumpia, and mixed veggies
Friday: something with tuna- it's the only seafood we've introduced to the 2year old so far and all we have on hand at the moment. we don't do meat on Fridays.
Satuday: Hamburgers, pasta salad, and grilled veggies
Sunday: leaving this one blank in case we hit the fair sometime this week and decide to eat dinner there.

I will need to buy more milk, some bread, and produce (zucchini, jalapeno, onion, garlic, bananas, and maybe some corn). Other than that, everything is what we have on hand at the moment. I'm kind of excited to try the adobo, I picked up a $0.99 bottle of "Quick Adobo" marinade at an Asian market a while ago (I needed Oyster Sauce and it's less than half the price for twice as much there) and some frozen lumpia, so that'll be a fun night. If I spot a good price on seafood, I might pick up something else- or maybe I'll google some vegetarian recipes for Friday instead. We've been eating a lot of tuna and it'd be nice to take a break from it. Lots of rice this week, but we're going through a non-eating phase with the 2 year old and he loves rice and veggies (and beans).

2 comments:

  1. And I'm thinking that I need an invite to your house every night for dinner. Every single night looked yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I like all the foods I'm making this week too- except maybe the seafood depending on what I make, but you gotta do what you gotte do to set a good example, right?

    ReplyDelete