Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This is my 'bathroom stockpile'

It was my plan to re-organize the bathroom stockpile today that inspired my Thrifty Tip Tuesday post about the things you shouldn't be paying for- or getting for pennies. I thought I'd share a picture of my stockpile to show you how much & how easily you can get these things for free. Remember, I've only been seriously couponing since about Januaury and took around 1-2 months off. I have about a dozen more buddies bars, another box of hairdye, 6 boxes diaper wipes, and most of that free tp I picked up a few weeks ago that were not pictured.

I did pay for some of these items. The baby shampoo cost about $0.25/bottle (it was on clearance at Target, plus a store/manufacter coupon combo). I think the baindaids were $0.20-$0.25 apiece. I paid $0.57 for the soleil razor refills, but the fusion power razor was a moneymaker (I gave tons of those away). I think the aveeno was $0.60 a tube, and buying 3 got me a really neat travel pack of sample sized products. I also paid $0.09 a bottle for the gilette shave cream.
I tend to buy more freebies than what you see, because I like to donate them or give them away to people I know. A lot of the items pictured are from Walgreens- it's not the closest drugstore but it was the first place I really learned to coupon.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I need to get my butt in gear and figure this out. DJ will have his first full day tomorrow. SO I hope that I will get back into the swing of things. I'm getting kind of cranky. I haven't written in my book for a month and I really miss having some me time. I need to find time to devote to writing, the blog, and couponing.
    Thank you so much. With your help, I should be able to save some money and I'm sure that it will give me something to write about on the blog. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm liking it.

    ReplyDelete