Thursday, November 19, 2009

Food Bank Challenge: my donation

I went ahead and pulled a few things from my pantry to round out my donation for MoneyWise Mom's Food Bank Challenge. Here's what I was able to pull together for a total cost of: $10.03 (that includes a 10lb. bag of potatoes, not pictured).
I spent $4.52 on the 8 cans of green beans and 8 cans cream on chicken/mushroom soup at Target earlier this week. From my stockpile, I added 6 cans chicken noodle/tomato soup (cost: $0.30), 5lb. bag of flour (cost: $0.50), 2 cans ravioli (cost $0.50), 2 bottles Safeway apple juice (cost $1.76), 2 bottles Motts apple juice ($1.50).

I had so much fun trying to figure out a $10 donation, I plan to shop for one more (and grab more canned goods from Target, hopefully!). Are you participating in this challenge? You should be!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job!!! Way to go!! It feels so good to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up, Maygan. You did GREAT with your $10! Remember that 5 of the participants will win a prize from me. :)

    ReplyDelete