Friday, November 20, 2009

My Thanksgiving & a recipe!

I didn't post much today and won't be around tomorrow as we're having an early Thanksgiving at my house. Today was actually a pretty cool day- the toddler and I made Monster Cookies. Growing up, my family always made these right around Christmas and only then- there were so many ingredients you had to buy specifically for these cookies that they get to be kind of expensive to make. This year, thanks to coupons and a smarter approach to shopping, I was able to make these cookies for significantly less. Even better, the only thing I needed to go out and buy for them was the M&M's and I used my Fall Gift of Savings check from Rite Aid to pay for them! We had so much fun making them and I'm looking forward to making them more often this year. The toddler thinks they are delicious, and I'm inclined to agree.

Monster Cookies (makes 6 dozen or so)
  • 9 cups of Oatmeal (the quick-cooking kind)
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1 stick butter
  • 2 cups Chunky Peanut Butter (or one small jar)
  • 2 cups Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 lb. M&M's
  • 1/2 bag (or more) Chocolate Chips

You will need to use your hands to mix this, and a gigantic bowl- it's super fun for kids! Mix everything besides the candy and chocolates until well combined, and then mix those in. Use a spoon to form rounded balls (I like to press mine a little- makes them flatter and drier, but you can leave them as balls on the cookie sheet). Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

(the baby did not eat or make cookies, he's just cute!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yum...Monster Cookies! I know what you are talking about concerning the cost; My Mom never made them much either, and I hardly ever make them. It is just too expensive!

    YAY for coupons and smart shopping, though, because you were able to make them with your son! It looks like he is having tons of fun..and, your're right, the baby IS cute! :)

    ReplyDelete