Sunday, November 29, 2009

Menu Planning & Baking Day

It's not Monday yet, but I finished my menu plan for the week, this is what we'll be eating:

Sunday: Stuffed Manicotti (from the freezer, we made 2 batches the last time I made this) and Cesar salad
Monday: Albondigas (my recipe for this is huge so I'll be freezing quite a bit for later)
Tuesday: Tacos and crockpot refried beans (it's also BAKING DAY!)
Wednesday: Spaghetti
Thursday: Pot Roast
Friday: something with Tilapia, I haven't settled on a recipe yet
Saturday: Beef Stew (using leftover Pot Roast, will freeze half)

Then, I had to run to the store for supplies. Fred Meyer was close to where we went for lunch today so I stopped by there and spent $12.59 on these items:

Right Now, I'm trying to finalize my plans for Baking Day (hosted on twitter and facebook by Crystal Paine of MoneySavingMom and FishMama of Life As Mom). I played along last time and it was lots of fun sharing recipes and tips with everyone on twitter- even better was the ability to just pull things out of the freezer as we needed them! I'm going to try to post along with the day on my blog here as well, so be sure to stop by on Tuesday December 1st and see what I'm up to! FishMama has a couple of good posts up on how to shop for freezer cooking and what you can and can't freeze. My current plan for #OAMC (the twitter hashtag this time, it stands for Once A Month Cooking) includes:

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good week! I am glad you reminded me about homemade refried beans. I haven't made those in awhile, but my recipe is very similar.

    I am doing a menu plan Monday this week too, it will publish tomorrow morning. I am doing a pantry/freezer cooking week. Should be fun!

    How often are you doing the freezer cooking? I may want to join in next time if I knew when the rest of you were doing it.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, they did it once in the begining of last month and then this Tuesday will be the second one. My guess is they'll probably plan another one in January. It really is fun, and you get all kinds of neat recipes and ideas for freezer cooking!

    Pantry/Freezer weeks are always fun, can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this too! I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't have a big freezer yet. I'm hoping to purchase one soon. I need to keep an eye on Craig's List. It would make life so much easier, not to mention help me save a little more money! I'm also horrible at meal planning- I see a great New Year's resolution in my future!

    I love reading Money Saving Mom's Baking day posts. Maybe I will try to follow you all on Twitter. Well, have fun and your little one cooperates!

    ReplyDelete