Saturday, November 14, 2009

My shopping today: Target, QFC, and Safeway (oh my!)

Yes, it's a lot of stores but we had to go to Target anyways to buy ink for the printer and QFC was on the way to Safeway so we stopped quickly so I could run in to the store. This completes most of the shopping I'll need to do for the next two weeks (the exception being more milk & produce- and any amazing deals that pop up, of course!). Here's what I bought while running around today (with a grand total of $20.58 out-of-pocket):

Target: $3.16 spent (or $.64 each), $6.58 saved
Stove Top Stuffing in on price cut for $0.79 a box (a $1 cheaper than Safeway!) and I used a "Buy 4 get the 5th FREE" tearpad coupon I found last week at QFC. The cashier was excited, so I gave him a spare coupon. I also picked up some $1 Cars socks for the toddler's Christmas stocking and a pair of warmer pants for the baby (at $9.99- eek! but they are cute and will match almost everything until he can fit the next size up).

If you're in the area, they had tons of girls clothing on clearance. Shelves of OshKosh jeans in all sizes and lots of pajamas in 2T. Most things were only 30% but there was so much I'm sure you'll be able to find some at 50% soon-ish.

QFC: $12.99 spent, $14.40 saved
No super amazing deals, but here's the breakdown in case you are curious:
  • Barilla $1.99 and BOGO works out to $1 a box
  • 2 lb. Tillamook Cheddar $3.99 (through tomorrow only)
  • Ricotta $2.99
  • Vicks Baby Vapor Rub on clearance for $2.89 (both boys have coughs right now and I thought this might help. I don't have much of a medicine stockpile- besides infant Tylenol & Motrin. I suppose I should work on that!)
  • Farmland Bacon $1.88 (through Sunday only) used a $1 Fresh Pork coupon to make this $0.88. Neither of us were sure it'd work so she only let me buy 1 package like this.

Safeway: $16.97 spent (on a GC), $26.37 saved (62%)

Here's what I bought at Safeway:

  • 2 bags Tostitos @ $1.69 each (through tomorrow, was hoping to find the rumored "Buy two get free salsa peelies", but no luck)
  • A&W Rootbeer and Canada Dry Ginger Ale $.88 each
  • 2 Gallons Milk $3.98
  • 4 Scrubbing Bubbles FREE (read about that here!)
  • Bread $1.19
  • Tilapia (1/2 lb) $0.94 (after 50% markdown)
  • Broccoli $1.07
  • Bananas $0.99
  • Apples $1.06
  • Jalapeno $0.12
  • 1 lb. Baby Carrots $1.99

3 comments:

  1. Good Job! You blog looks great! Wanted to let you know, I tried the Scrubbing Bubbles deal today and the coupon attached to each bottle was for "$2 off 2 products". With the buy one at $3.99 get one free, they ended up being $1 each after the coupon. Not free for me, but still a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, the $1.99 price happens when you buy 3 or more bottles and it sounds like you only bought 2! That's a good price, but it doesn't make sense to pay for it when it should be free!

    Thanks for the blog compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maygan, I think I know what I did wrong. I just rechecked my bottles, 2 are Lemon and 2 are Fresh Clean. I think I may take them back and try 2 Lemon and 2 Antibacterial. Free is definately better! I should have read your post more clearly!

    ReplyDelete